Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: My cost estimates for new Wise Co. High Schools

  1. #21
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: My cost estimates for new Wise Co. High Schools

    [ QUOTE ]
    Their losing their 'faces' maybe the least of their worries if they don't get their act together and quickly. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ] If you ran on a platform saying, "No combined schools" would you give up your 70k per year job? And then, I guess, if we cut schools there will be less board members as the districts will combine.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My cost estimates for new Wise Co. High Schools

    You mistakenly quoted someone else in your reply to me

    I do agree that the new schools whether they are 2 or 3 need to have easy access to the 4 lane

    I think 3 schools are a better option as you will keep the schools well under 900 students (you get bigger than 1000 and you do start having some "Big School" issues and no one wants that)

    I also disagree with this line
    [ QUOTE ]
    The idea was to cut costs and provide larger classes

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Cut costs Yes no doubt, Provide larger classes LOL no provide more options YES.

    My sister is doing student teaching at Haysi now and her class has 30+ kids in it so it goes to show that you don't need a big school to have large class sizes (I.E. With one new school you could take some of the money you save from heating 2 schools and hire a new history teacher)

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My cost estimates for new Wise Co. High Schools

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Their losing their 'faces' maybe the least of their worries if they don't get their act together and quickly. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ] If you ran on a platform saying, "No combined schools" would you give up your 70k per year job? And then, I guess, if we cut schools there will be less board members as the districts will combine.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Guess I'm missing your point or to whom you are referring. Who's would be giving up a $70K/year job on the SB?

    And, no the SB will still have the same number of members since it is based upon magisterial districts just like the BOS.
    ......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •